The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice this? After oil changes for the first 30 min or so, the exhaust smells like sweet new oil. Not burning. Not smoking. In between changes does not have this smell. Shell Rotella T4 every 5k. '03 F250 7.3. Starting/Running great at 255k. Only leaks/burns less than a quart every 5k.

Think fresh oil detergent package starts doing its thing and gives off this smell for a bit?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I have not noticed that before. I would like to try some of the brownies you are eating when you change the oil.:cool:
DENNY

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
^^ ? I have never noticed a burning smell from my exhaust, no smoke either to speak of.

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not noticed that before. I would like to try some of the brownies you are eating when you change the oil.:cool:
DENNY
no...maybe I'm just crazy...but neither the truck nor I are smoking ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ ? I have never noticed a burning smell from my exhaust, no smoke either to speak of.
No. No visible smoke. Just a pleasant smell of newly changed oil. Never had it in any other vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Shell rotella T4 with 5,000-mile OCI and 255,000 miles on the odometer only burning 1-qt between changes.

That is impressive for a conventional or “Dino” oil. Thanks for those details.

As for that new oil smell, the only time I experience it is when I have spilled some on my clothes.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Are you running the factory ccv/pcv?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArcticDriver
1 - 7 of 7 Posts