1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
hmmm...interesting. I have an alarm but that's pretty slick too.

Alin

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Someone posted in gen questions.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I've had one for years(5 or so) and I still have my truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I don't care much for alarms, I believe a kill switch works much better. I had to replace a key fob for it and there service was great. Rich

·
Registered
618 Posts
NChornet I am using one - works great!

When I bought the one I have in use I got a 2nd one as a birthday present - if you're interested I cut you a deal! (send PM)

(the set for sale consists of one Remote "Code Hopping" Transmitter + one Digitally Coded Cigarette Lighter Plug Key and the relay)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Mine works great, a thief would have to arrive at the truck knowing what parts to use to bypass the system. I won't post how it works. But, it could be by-passed if the thief had a few minutes to figure it out. So, don't just have a one level system. An alarm first, don't trouble yourself with a starter kill system and the cyclops in combination, don't need it. Get a steering wheel lock, not one of those silly red clubs. I can get one of the red ones off in under 10 seconds, and I won't post instructions for that either. Get an Autoloc 2000 wheel lock. It can be defeated but would take much longer. Put all three of those systems on the truck and it is unlikely that someone will get away with the truck, it will take to much time. If they come with a wrecker or rollback then it is gone, fourth level of security is good insurance. 106

·
Registered
380 Posts
Kevin,

I have used one since truck new. Highly recommend cyclops. Had a securities salesman trying to hustle me one day, he was bragging on my PSD, claimed to have a mustang fastback at home??? SO, I handed him the key and bet him $100 he couldn't start it, XYL and I had a nice free dinner out that night.

Stone

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have one and it works great! Easy to use. Great to "stack" your security mods for "a little extra."

·
Registered
102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Kevin,

I have used one since truck new. Highly recommend cyclops. Had a securities salesman trying to hustle me one day, he was bragging on my PSD, claimed to have a mustang fastback at home??? SO, I handed him the key and bet him $100 he couldn't start it, XYL and I had a nice free dinner out that night.

Stone

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, had my truck stolen in November. Have added the Red Club, an alarm system with panel visible from outside, and a kill system which really works. This may not stop a thief from breaking in thru the door lock and busting the ignition switch to try to start it. The fourth system will then do serious damage to the thief; he'll still be there when I get back to the truck, sitting in the middle of all that evidence.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Works great!!! Even for me when i forget to activate the device. Would for sure buy another one. As for the club and all those other devices, if they want into the truck, they are gona bust out the window no matter what y'all have for a deterrent. I'm very happy with my Cyclops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
WarrenN-

What's the fourth system?

I wish I woulda caught the b*%$ards that stole my '02!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
WarrenN-

What's the fourth system?

I wish I woulda caught the b*%$ards that stole my '02!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I plead the 5th!!
Warren

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If they brake the ignition with the cyclops will it start? I thought the device had to be activated before it would start.
Also Warren story reminds me of one that I heard a while back.
A guy worked in a high crime area and had his car broken into quite a few times, they always took the stereo and other valuable stuff they could find. He crawled under the dash and JB Welded three razor blades in a row under the dash. One day he came out to the truck and saw the window busted. When he looked inside there were two black fingers laying on the floor board and blood everywhere. The cops were able to get a print and bust the guy.
Sounds a little far fetched to me, but it is what I heard. Good idea anyway!!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If they brake the ignition with the cyclops will it start? I thought the device had to be activated before it would start.
Also Warren story reminds me of one that I heard a while back.
A guy worked in a high crime area and had his car broken into quite a few times, they always took the stereo and other valuable stuff they could find. He crawled under the dash and JB Welded three razor blades in a row under the dash. One day he came out to the truck and saw the window busted. When he looked inside there were two black fingers laying on the floor board and blood everywhere. The cops were able to get a print and bust the guy.
Sounds a little far fetched to me, but it is what I heard. Good idea anyway!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No it will not start. And you could be sued for what the guy did.

Paul B

·
Registered
618 Posts
Regarding the "left over" Cyclops Anti Theft Device I have available everybody who inquired has received a PM back. Thanks everybody for your interest!

Here is the item on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5658308780&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D5658308780%26fvi%3D1

[ QUOTE ]
NChornet I am using one - works great!

When I bought the one I have in use I got a 2nd one as a birthday present - if you're interested I cut you a deal! (send PM)

(the set for sale consists of one Remote "Code Hopping" Transmitter + one Digitally Coded Cigarette Lighter Plug Key and the relay)

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
281 Posts
wow, hate to resurrect a 12 year old thread, but are people still using these with success?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have one but needs a new remote (have to send it back for one) and I'm not sure where I placed it.... It works and when I was using it don't really have any complaints that can remember (it does what is says it does)

·
Registered
281 Posts
ok great; has it ever been operational checked (truck attempted to be stolen)?

·
Registered
422 Posts
No theft attempt, but my truck has been broken into 6+ times over the years... "the joy of going town" I live outside of San Antonio and smash and grab on Super Duty's is rampant... Which reminds me... I do have a strong recommendation Not to use "Jimmy Jammers" they just rip off the whole handle!

It won't start unless you switch out the relay or bypass it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts