The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6.0 that throws codes on the #3 and #7 injectors. This all started after my fuel filter completely clogged. (just bought truck).

I have the reman injectors, but not sure where 3 and 7 are located.

1 3 5 7
2 4 6 8

or

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Thanks

Ernie

·
Registered
558 Posts
it should be as you are at the front of the truck facing the engine: Odd # cylinders on the right, Even # cylinders on the left.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a 6.0 that throws codes on the #3 and #7 injectors. This all started after my fuel filter completely clogged. (just bought truck).

I have the reman injectors, but not sure where 3 and 7 are located.

1 3 5 7
2 4 6 8

or

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Thanks

Ernie

Uh-oh.....welcome to injector replacement land.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We haul our display trailor with this truck... What

else should I carry in the trailor.... a new truck?

I co-own COMPUCAR NITROUS SYSTEMS and a break down on the road gets VERY expensive. Seems it was cheaper when we had a tractor/trailor...

Compucar NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Thanks for the info

Ernie

·
Registered
538 Posts
else should I carry in the trailor.... a new truck?

I co-own COMPUCAR NITROUS SYSTEMS and a break down on the road gets VERY expensive. Seems it was cheaper when we had a tractor/trailor...

Compucar NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Thanks for the info

Ernie

What happens on these is when a injector(s) get starved for fuel, the injector piston will slam down inside of the injector and hit the body of the injector on the inside. If it hits hard enough, the damaged injector can bleed off ICP and it can make the other injectors down the line drop out also.

Key with the 6.0 is fuel filter changes every 15k.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Filter change importance is critical on the 6.0! Heck, i think if my neighbors toyota's fuel filter would plug, my 6.0 would panic and throw an injector !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news!! I called the local Ford dealership and was advised that a new engine was installed in Feb 08 and the injectors were covered for 3 years!!

Now all I have to do is sell the 6.0 factory reman injectors I have already bought.

Ok.. I've got toys to!: YouTube - S10 jet truck- Ernie Wren

Ernie
Compucar Nitrous Co

1 - 8 of 8 Posts