The Diesel Stop banner

Damage from Reversed Fuel Lines

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bugman 
#1 ·
We recently had a diesel repair shop reverse the fuel lines on our 7.3L Powerstroke engine. How likely is it the injectors have been ruined. Also, we know the filter has to be replaced, too, but what other issues and damage will this create with the engine? What should we expect to spend to go through the engine and repair it? The engine was run with the fuel lines reversed for right at 150 miles. Does anyone know of an expert repair shop in Central Florida that we can trust? Thank you.

#2 ·
Where did they reverse the lines at? At the filter? At the lift pump? To the Injector fuel rail?

What where they doing that the lines could be reversed?

What trouble are you having with the engine running?

Why did you have a diesel shop work on it?

#5 ·
Hey bug man I did something really off. Communication
1997 f250 4x4
Took out both tank put aluminum tank in bed. We ran engine on a ball jar to get feed and return orientation. From underneath lines reversed. Motor started drove 400ft died. I found we reversed it so engine was fead air and return had a check valve preventing any return. Now engine fire at all. Air was bled after this and fuel filter filled. What did I damage? Or where do I look?

#4 ·
If it was a 7.3L, they must have really worked at it, as the supply and return lines are different sizes coming into the filter.

#6 ·
That I know of you are not going to damage anything if you reverse your fuel lines except for not being able to start the engine.

Check your fuel pressure, it should be around 20 psi when turning the engine over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.