The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not like how my new truck turns all the exterior lights on whenever the door is opened, fob locks/unlocks truck. Its a personal preference for me.

So I tried using Forscan and enabling the dark car mode and nothing that I could see changed. I even tried it multiple times in As built and even in the user friendly BdyCM.

So then I thought Id try the silent mode in Forscan and boom the exterior lights only work when I use remote start. The only issue is my dome light does not come on when I open the door.

Is there a way to have the exterior perimeter lights off but still allow the dome light to work?

If not, I can live without a dome light as I have been with my 99 jetta for 6 years now, lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so I did a little digging and looks like silent mode was adopted in 2017. Dark mode does not do anything to 2017 and up because of the DRL requirement. So basically, silent mode disables exterior illumination, interior illumination but if the state it was sold in requires DRL than that will remain active in silent mode.

Unfortunately, it does not look like we can have our cake and eat it too. If you want your exterior lamps to not turn on when opening the door, your gonna have to live with no interior doom light either.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my only idea is that maybe dark car mode did not work on my truck because I had the DRL manually disabled in the instrument cluster. I may try enabled the DRL in the instrument cluster and then try just enabling dark car mode and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts