The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a 2004 F350 last weekend and the dash lights, AC control lights, and the overhead fuel mileage indicator did not work. I pulled the plastic dash trim out and noticed that the dimmer switch was disconnected. I reconnected it and everything started working. I stumbled upon the original owner and he asked me if the dealership fixed the light issue and I told him not that I was aware of but I did find the plug disconnected. He said he did that due to the fact that it blows fuses while driving. He said that sometimes he could go through 3 fuses in just a few minutes, then other times it would be fine for a while. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
25,489 Posts
You should unplug that harness connector again and with an ohmmeter check between a ground point and each pin on the connector while wiggling the wires headed for the lights. When your meter drops to zero ohms (normal thru bulbs should be around 1-2 ohms), that will be the circuit you'll need to check. Could be a harness rubbing against the dash structure (there are lots of sharp edged under there), or less likely, a short between a hot wire and a ground wire.

Moving this thread to 1999-2007 General where it will be on topic, since your issue isn't engine and drivetrain related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts