The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I posted this in the wrong forum before. I have a 2011 F350 with the build in the bad valve area. I have an extended warranty good for about another 12000 miles. If this truck does not eat a valve before the end of warranty then I will have the heads rebuilt and the deletes done. Here is my question. I would like to be able to dial back the horsepower from the present 400 to about 350. I haul a 4000 pound truck camper and that is the heaviest I haul. Is there a tuner out there that will let me do this? Second question. Would dialing back the horsepower help with longevity. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
452 Posts
From what I've read it's better for the engine to work it hard than to baby it. More heat, cleaner burn for the emission crap anyways.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,638 Posts
I would like to be able to dial back the horsepower from the present 400 to about 350. I haul a 4000 pound truck camper and that is the heaviest I haul. Is there a tuner out there that will let me do this?
There is, and it's really cheap!

Put a piece of 2x4 under your accelerator pedal. That will limit your horsepower.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
What he said ^^

And you don't have 400 at the wheels that's at the crank.

It's 320-330 at the wheels.

So your already there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts