The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which forum this belongs, figured this might be the best, if not, feel free to move it.

I have ran across a couple of posts (archived) that have several links to other threads with helpfull info. Is there a way to change the url's so they direct you to the proper thread (instead of the no forum found page). Something I can do (and maybe post the updated links)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure which forum this belongs, figured this might be the best, if not, feel free to move it.

I have ran across a couple of posts (archived) that have several links to other threads with helpfull info. Is there a way to change the url's so they direct you to the proper thread (instead of the no forum found page). Something I can do (and maybe post the updated links)?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please check your PMs and let me know if that works and if so, I'll post the method here.

Larry

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Retriving broken/dead links

For all those having issues with finding broken links to the archived section of the site there is a utility that will find these <font color="red"> HERE</font>. What you have to do is type in the Thread ID # (not a post #) and it will return a link to that Thread ID. You can get the Thread ID number by either clicking on the broken link directly and finding the Thread ID in the address bar or right clicking on the broken link and finding it under the properties. The former is probably best since you will already be there when you discover the link is bad. Only hiccup that might exist is when a link is done to a certain post within a thread using the "threaded mode", I don't think that the number in the link for the Post # in that thread will work with the utility will work for Post #, just Thread IDs so make sure you use the Thread ID to be safe.

This utility might not be a permanent feature or be incorporated in some other way and if that happens I'll try and update the status of this utility here.

Larry

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Retriving broken/dead links

This thread needs to be a sticky or, even better, create a link to the utility page on the archive search page!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts