The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a very problematic issue with this style of suspension ect.
Truck info: 2011 f250 4x4 194xxx miles, stock as in no replacement parts other than the front steering components listed below.

So here's my problem my father has been having the death wobble problem for quite some time but here lately its getting worse and worse. To the point that it did it almost non stop at hwy speed.

So I rebuilt his front end due to everything being wore out. Everything but the pitman is new, linkage wise and we are still have the same problem. Even with the adjusted negative caster.

So trying to find out what else to check. To see if any thing else is wore out. The only thing I can think of is the track bar. The tires which have been rotated & balanced and have about 35-45% life left.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Track bar, tires/tire pressure and steering dampers are the biggest problems that need to be focused on. The track bar, should get a new bushing as well as a new ball joint on the axle end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the incite. I will change out that next and pray to the straight axle gods it will solve my problem before tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts