The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a dealership technician I am bound by Ford's policies and procedures when repairing vehicles which means I can only use Ford OEM and Motorcraft parts. With that said, I am looking for an aftermarket solution for a stubborn truck that refuses to let go of the front axle/steering oscillation over certain bumps on curves at 50+ MPH.

I want to know what aftermarket solution has actually worked for you to reduce or eliminate this. At this point the truck in question, a 2011 F250 Diesel that has new steering linkages, new shocks, Monroe steering damper and good tires set to specification. The caster has also been set to reduce this as well.

Adjustable track bar kits and upgraded bushing and ball joint is what I commonly hear works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does the truck have the front and rear sway bars? Ordered our 2016 with the packages that included them front and rear. At 65k so far and no wobbles.
Tires are getting choppy on edges so time for new shoes in the fall.

RoadrunnerII

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doc, I had all that done on my F 450 and the only thing that stopped the osc was an aftermarket drag bar. This was on a 2011 F 450 CC KR FX4

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doc, I had all that done on my F 450 and the only thing that stopped the osc was an aftermarket drag bar. This was on a 2011 F 450 CC KR FX4
Drag link or radius arm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sorry. Not drag link, but track bar. Tech said that stock one would flex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts