The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been chasing this issue for a few months. Like many anytime I hit a bump going 65+ the front end wants to go crazy. So far I have changed the track bar, front shocks and stabilizer, front end alignment, and I have new tire being put on next week. The tires are real bad but I got a great deal on some new rubber. BTW I don't run aggressive tires. The truck is pretty much standard as far as the suspension goes. What is next? Need some suggestions. I live in N.Florida (Jacksonville) so if anyone knows of a good shop that is experienced in this issue I would appreciate a name. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It could very well be your tires. That's what caused mine. I have to run my tire pressure at a minimum of 72psi in the front or all hell breaks loose if I hit a bump in a banking left curve. It's mainly just the drivers side tire.
I changed shocks, track bar and camber before I found out it was the tire and pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is an update to my Death Wobble issues:

Well after this post I just broke down and took it to an expert. There a diesel repair/performance shop about 2 miles from the house so I took it them them to check it out. They said that many items could contribute to the wobble, like incorrect alignment and worn suspension. So they took a look and WOW did I have some issues. All tie rods were bad, trackbar bushing was bad, body mounts were shot. Well I dug deep into the wallet and had everything they found repaired or replaced. And of course I had them do an alignment to the Ford TSB specs. Now the good new. I can now hit these very same bumps at 65+MPH and I get nothing!!!!! I still grab the steering wheel with both hands and hold my breath out of fear. But since the repairs I happy to report that it is smooth sailing once again!!!!! Now I have to sigh up on "Go Fund Me" to pay for the repairs. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts