The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago the engine threw a bank 1 sensor 2 EGT code. Finally got a chance to go to dealer and pick one up and on the way home got an "Exhaust Fluid System Fault" and "speed limited to 50mph" message. Could the EGT sensor have caused the DEF fault? More importantly, will replacing the sensor fix both problems or should I just go ahead and make an appointment at the dealer?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The EGT sensors are not related to the DEF problem you. EGT sensors haven't be a problem as they once did after Ford updated the calibration of the ECU/PCM a few years ago. Ford, also extended the warranty on the EGT sensors but your truck being a 2012, it might be past the warranty extension.

DEF is injected into the exhaust after the CAT and DPF. Have you check the DEF level? Have you pulled any OBDII codes that might identify the problem?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Look up the OBDII code here and see which sensor it is.

Download or open the listing for your truck year.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/freeresources/obd

Also, check to see if you can find out if your truck is still covered under warranty extension for the EGT sensors. Might need the ECU/PCM calibration updated also for issues related to this problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bank 1 Sensor 2 (first line of initial post). Truck is covered under warranty extension (although dealer conveniently forgot to tell me that:). Truck has also had the update done (also not told about by dealer, I had to tell them about it, claimed they had never heard about it)

What is most likely cause of the DEF fault?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... Went past mileage where speed was supposed to be limited to 50. Even got message that "upon startup speed will be limited to 50mph" but it never happened. Still driving however fast I want. What's up with that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts