The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Blue Bird WanderLodge with above engine. After driving the bus either on the highway or Interstare for 30 minutes or so, the engine will die when either slowing down for construction, heavy traffic or after you have exited on to the feeder road. The bus will crank right back up after stalling out. It will also do this when driving at very low speeds such as in an RV park, usually after driving for at least an hour. Anyone have an idea where to start with this engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is going to sound odd but this happened to me. I would start my truck and after about an hour, I would pull up to a stop sign / light and it would die. Start up then run another 15 to 30 minutes and pull the same number. Mechanic buddy of mine said that the injection pump was bad. Then it pulled the same number as I was pulling in to refuel. I could not get the gas lid off because of the vacuum on it. Then it hit me, the tanks vent line was plugged up. I blew out the vent line (where some little creature built a new home) and was fine ever since. Don't know if this is it, but this is the first place I would look, then fuel filters, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts