The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your new server doesn't know me nor my password when I post or reply. Old server knew who I was and filled in the blanks for me. Had to request my password... heck I don't know who I am, I was relying on your computer to keep me informed.

Definately faster... Great Job!

------------------
2000 F350 Lariet, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Dually, V10, Auto, 4:30LS, LT235, Trailer, Off Road, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Harvest Gold Ordered 2/15 Delivered 4/4.... now I can shop for the extras!
Catch-All floor mats, Rhino liner so far

·
Registered
679 Posts
Same here, had to send my E-Mail address in to get my password - haven't had to remember that since I joined.
It's h*ll when you don't know who you are.

Got it and made a hard copy for the future.
Site is really fast now, thanks for the upgrade!

Dave

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The old server set a cookie on your computer to do the name and password thing.

Since this is now a new server with a different address, the cookie that was there is useless. You need to reset the cookie.

SP

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I tossed my cookies and I feel better

Or as Steve Martin said "I'm somebody!"

Thanks

By the way, I hope 8080 is indicitive of the processor you are running

------------------
2000 F350 Lariet, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Dually, V10, Auto, 4:30LS, LT235, Trailer, Off Road, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Harvest Gold Ordered 2/15 Delivered 4/4.... now I can shop for the extras!

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Seems to work now!
Maybe just had to clock in once to be remembered!

[This message has been edited by Fred Hemer (edited 04-25-2000).]

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
8080????

THe 8080 is nearly 20 years old if I remember correctly.

It was pre-x86!

SP

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shawn... yep about 1980... there was supose to be a "not" in that sentence somewhere.

------------------

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm using Netscape and this might work for MS Explorer. A file named "cookies.txt" has my username and password for the old server. If you've forgotton yours, you might check there but don't change anything.

------------------
99.5 F350 SC Lariat, LWB/SRW, 4x4, Man hubs, ABS, auto, CD
3 ga. A-pillar,Trailer/camper/off road, Ltd.slip, Built 4/99
'99 Sunnybrook 30RLFS(7100 dry), Inyati liner, Donated 1/00

[This message has been edited by bj (edited 04-27-2000).]

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I *think* you go to preferences and click on the link that says: delete all cookies set by this site.

I am not 100% on that seeing as the software is running on a different server right now.

SP

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shawn... It forgot who I was again

Nothing changed on my end!

But, good news, the light bulbs were there

Now to really confuse you! It forgot who I was but knew where I had been ??????
------------------

[This message has been edited by looking (edited 04-28-2000).]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back again, now my other computer who had no problems remembering me doesn't know me any more. Any glitches on your end? Or do I just need to put a sticky note in the corner of my computer?

------------------
Catch-All floor mats, Rhino liner so far (husky mudflaps backordered)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts