The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 F350. I was driving the other day and I felt a little "hiccup" in my truck and the next thing I realized, it was no longer running. I pulled off the road and cranked the engine but it would not start. I have an sct x4 and my high pressure oil was less than 200 psi. I got towed back home. I put a battery charger on it in the morning and gave it a little sniff of starting fluid ( I turned the glow plugs off first ) and got it to start and run normally. So I went online and ordered a set of air pressure adapters to pressurize my high pressure system and listen for leaks. I've never done this before so is there anything I should be aware before I try it? Any tips or tricks? I've read online that you can generally hear a slight leaking from all the injectors but this is easily distinguishable from an actual leak. I already have a new ipr valve so I might try and change that out before anything. The truck has 230,000 miles on it so I want to do injectors. I'm at least the third owner of this truck and the stc fitting was already replaced when I bought it but I don't know about the stand pipes or anything else for that matter. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've never done the air pressure test myself, but it sounds like your on the right track! With those miles your probably due for the usual standpipes, dummy plugs, IPR, ect. I just had a similar issue and bit the bullet and did HPOP, standpipes, dummy plugs, IPR and injectors, but to the tune of $6,000!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts