The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 99 f250 with 7.3 manual 6 speed. I have long crank times plus dies sometimes when I push in clutch. Or tach will fall to 4 to 500 rpm then go back up. I have replaced icp,ipr,cps all from ford. I have new ad injectors a 120 volt icm. Batteries are putting out 14.2 volts. New ford starter. I have pulled tank changed screens. New Bosh fuel pump on rail new filter in bowl. Fresh oil as of 2 weeks ago. A friend has a snap on computer we have done buzz test all great. Only code is p0284. Ford tech said will get that code with the new grey cps. I have bought a second one from ford just to see if I had got a bad one. Any help is greatly appreciated. Plus 6 months ago I put new turbo in.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I think there is some kind of safety switch on the clutch pedal. I remember mine going bad at 10 below after work one day. crawl under the dash and see if it is loose.
DENNY

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Yes that is the name of the thing. Do you have the long crank times when transmission is in neutral with clutch engaged?
DENNY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the warmer it is the more it dies. Dont matter if heavy throttle or slow in town. I can go drive it pull over unplug my icp it will idle up. I bought another one from ford same issue. I am stumped.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I have had trucks with the new CPS do the things you are seeing when the CPS is too close to cap profile ring "teeth". I have done wax check and used depth gauge and measured distance from flange to sensor end. You have to turn the crank with a breaker bar to get a tooth into the hole for the check. I think .020" is good but less than .010" gives troubles. I cut a paper shim and slide up the sensor to adjust. I guess too far out is bad too but I have not run into that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts