The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone the name is Manuel and i recently got my first diesel about a week ago. I got a 1984 Ford F-250 EXT cab long bed 6.9L IDI with a ATS turbo. With a C6 3 spd automatic tranny and the rear end i'm not sure haven't checked that out yet. 202,xxx miles not exact but you get it. Stainless steel 4 inch exhaust with a 5 inch chrome tip. I know i will be needing help along the way on keeping this truck running good and doing work on it. I know this may not be the baddest truck but i know i sure love it. I really dig the 1990's and older trucks just love their style. Hopefully i can learn alot and will be able to get the help i may need. As well as offer some if i am able.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Stop

Congrats on your new to you truck. These old beasts don't move fast, but they move anything you hitch up to and they don't have a bunch of electronics to worry about. Hope you enjoy years of driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you chuckster57. Yeah i know they dont have much power but im not worried about that. Performance in these trucks is not what im after. I love these style trucks on looks and that awesome diesel sound they make. I still want to make sure that it is kept up of course with all routine maintenance and what not. I also didnt want a diesel that had all that electro stuff to worry about. This truck is just gonna be a resto kinda project for me. I will use it to haul and pull stuff as thats what trucks are made for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you chuckster57. Yeah i know they dont have much power but im not worried about that. Performance in these trucks is not what im after. I love these style trucks on looks and that awesome diesel sound they make. I still want to make sure that it is kept up of course with all routine maintenance and what not. I also didnt want a diesel that had all that electro stuff to worry about. This truck is just gonna be a resto kinda project for me. I will use it to haul and pull stuff as thats what trucks are made for.

Hey Manuel. Im new to these too I got an 93 f350 with a 7.3 and and ats turbo too.
I'm planning on restoring mine too. It not going to be afraid to work it hard either. I love the way these things sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome. alot of good info here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts