The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my diesel swap for awhile now and I have ran into a rear driveshaft issue. my donor truck is a 96 f250 4x4 extended cab and I am swapping everything into a 93 f350 4x4 crew cab. The 93 had a 5.8 gasser aode with the light duty transfer case and the 96 had an aode with the heavy duty transfer case. So I am going from a slip yoke to a companion flange and that is where I am at a stand still. I have tried using the gasser back half driveshaft with the diesel front have and the front half is too long. so my question is am I able to shorten the front half and use the gasser rear half? I would rather use the heavy duty transfer case instead of the light duty one. Would my last resort be putting the light duty transfer case on and using both gasser halfs of the driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Take the driveshafts to the driveshaft shop and tell them what you need. They will build it custom for you and get everything balanced. Was doing it myself in the past but way easier to bring it to them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts