The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
The A filters have been out long enough I doubt that you will find a actual 1995 filter unless someone has a hord of new old stock ones.

I've been using the A version for a couple years now with no problems

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Horn

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I agree with RT on them from Amazon, way too many counterfeit parts showing up on it.

When you get that package make sure that all the spelling is correct on what is printed on the box. Spelling isn't one of their strong points.

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I went and looked at the box on a 1995-A box and it says that they are made with mostly components made in the USA

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I'll have to go scan thar code and see what comes up

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I think that the problem is that there might be a source for a version of a filter that has been out of production for a couple of years now that was replaced by the A version in current production.

There was a pretty good discussion on the two versions over on the Org

Reactions: 1999f-250superduty

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
Kevin has the same stuff written on his 1995-a box as what I have on mine from Walmart:

I'll edit this post with my phone and add 6 or more picture of what is on the box. Sorry some are sideways or upside down

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
I looked at one of my Walmart 1995-a filters and while the minutes are slightly crooked they aren't backwards or upside down.

Since this is a machine stamp I wonder how one be backwards or upside down?

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
Nick, I am sure that the new 1995-A filter meets all of Fords specifications as far as the micron rating and the GPM among other ratings.

The problem come up when there are counterfeit 1995 and 1995-A filters out there on the WWW that are being sold for much less than the factory ones.

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
From what I have seen with other automotive products is that you usually don't have to worry very much about counterfeit products from brick and moter stores. But you should watch what you purchase online from places like Amazon and Ebay where you are looking for a cheaper price.

There have been documented cases of counterfeit sensors, glow plugs, relays, and other automotive products. The giveaway is usually misspellings on the products packaging or perhaps a number that is upside down or backwards such as what Big Horn posted.

Reactions: 1999f-250superduty

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
After looking at it it appears to be a 9 much like the one above it, just didn't imprint completely.

It may be because of the curve in the filter that some look crowded and misprinted. I have no idea if they are machine printed or if they use a lazier engraver..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts