The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
27,467 Posts
Glenn
I saw your Amazon Link and it confirmed it fits my 1999 7.3L
Ordered 2 of them.
Thanks for the heads up. I've had to go to a couple different WalMarts to find them in stock the last time I needed to do an oil change.

·
Administrator
27,467 Posts
"MAJORITY CONTENT" would mean it would have to be more than just the box made in the US. What foreign source components - who knows? The actual filtration material? I'm assuming that Ford did QC on the assembled part at least.

I just looked at the Q&A for the item on Amazon and found this:
Font Number Screenshot Rectangle Document

Who to believe? That was from over 2 years ago,

·
Administrator
27,467 Posts
I received two of these filter just today from Amazon via UPS and opened the package to discover that they were FL-1995-A filters. They appear to be genuine, with the same markings on the box as posted above.

The datamatrix code also is correct and comes up with the part number and UPC. The filter itself has a stick-on label. The bottom of the filter can has a date code 081122F1 with 815689 (part of the UPC) and a time code of 0 8:56 below that. These are etched in the paint and fairly faint.
I believe these are genuine Motorcraft filters. I have a hard time believing a counterfeiter would go to that much trouble.

I'm inclined to believe that the Made in China notation by Amazon is wrong. It's not the first time that Amazon has put out incorrect information.

·
Administrator
27,467 Posts
ones shorter i t
I don't think so.
I have an FL1995 on my truck now ( I believe) and I'll compare it with the 1995A when I do my next oil change to confirm.

On the box below the picture of the filter, there is some tiny printing that I couldn't read even with a magnifier. The colors bled together making the text fuzzy. I just shot a picture of it and it reads "Image may not represent actual filter" and in French and Spanish also.
Font Beige Pattern Wood Circle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts