The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 01 has a 7.3 and the 03 has a 6.0, that being said the 01 is 15k and a Arizona truck with new front end (suspension) and about 250k miles.

The 03 has had in the last 15k miles. New injectors, Fuel Pump, Turbo, Inter-cooler, EGR delete, New Firestone tires,Torque Converter upgrade and HD brake. 187k miles and a price of 8500.

I have never owned a diesel before so I will probably ask stupid questions.

1. Why the huge price difference?

2. I know the 7.3 is the better engine, but I talked to people who own the 6.0 and love them. So why the bad rap on the 6.0?

3. What do I look for or at when taking a look at a diesel for the first time?

·
Registered
829 Posts
The 7.3 will get 500,000 miles with no problem. It is one of the most dependable motors ever made. The 6.0 is known to have issues and takes a lot of money to bullet proof and make dependable. I would go with the 7.3 every time. Do your research.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard this trem many times but what does it mean to bullet proof the engine. I mean what is all done?

·
Registered
829 Posts
New head studs and having heads reworked, egr cooler delete and not sure what else. I know it can cost as much as $10,000 to have it all done. That is the reason I decided to go with a 7.3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You want to learn more about bulletproofing.its more then what's listed above. Here it is. Google video search this code word... 6.0 bulletproofing powerstroke help.com .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts