The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have an 03 with a 7.3. The question I have is what happened to all the Propane Injection kits that were all the rage out there a few years ago. I have the opportunity to buy a superchips kit that has never been installed, but after a pretty exhaustive search, everyone that was selling them has discontinued them.

I'm only interested in the digital versions; as I said, what happened that they all disappeared?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
They cut down engine life dramatically.

It runs too hot.

It’s really not worth the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. Thank you.

So all the hoopla about burning fuel more efficiently was just that? I see the still sell NOS for diesels, I assume that is for racing only then.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Yep, no mileage increases

Ya nitrous is for the big power guys. 600+

It helps clean up big hybrid injectors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The tuning has improved leaps and bounds since the propane days. Might just try getting a Hydra and some custom tunes and it will feel like a different truck and you will have better mileage. 0.02

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Well that’s true ^^

Can’t argue with that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not to mention way less complicated and no refills. Just start it up and drive and if you want to go faster just hit the button and off you go. Hydra was an astounding improvement over the SCT flash programmer I had before.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It works well in engines that are designed for it. It burns very clean. Zero soot and very little carbon. It is also very dry. It's terrible on engines not designed for it, especially in regards to the valves. I have an old LP McCormick 350 and its oil may get 100's of hours on it and never gets dirty. Looks like it came right out of the jug when I change it. It is an awesome machine. The head, pistons, valves are all different than it's gasoline counterpart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts