The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, while starting my 1994 350 turbo idi, it died after 1 minute, I noticed fuel tank selector was on front tank which stalls truck when used. i switched to good tank. I replaced my wix spin on fuel filter, filled with fresh diesel, still wont start, no fuel from shraeder only air, should i continue bleeding air from schraeder? Thanks Mike in flooded Houston

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Man if that ain't a loaded question.
There are so many things that could be wrong.
Was the engine completely submerged?

When first started, it probably had enough fuel in the filter to run a bit, than run out.

With just air at the Schraeder valve, you have to keep cranking until fuel appears.

Make sure batteries are fully charged and keep the charger on them while trying to get fuel out the valve. Only crank for 20 seconds, then let starter cool for a couple of minutes or you'll have to replace the starter soon.

There could be water in both tanks, could have got in thru the tank vents.

You can run a hose from the lift pump suction side into a container of fuel and see if it will start and run.

You can disconnect the tank fuel line at the FSV, fuel will siphon out there from which ever tank you select, check for water coming out.

I hope you changed the engine oil before you started it the first time.

If you have an automatic water could have got in there also.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to mislead , Houston flooded but luckily my truck didnt, i just ran dirty fuel from bad front tank, it died, i changed filter which wasn't really dirty at all, it just wont start, only air from Schrader,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts