The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Have any of you folks had personal experience attempting to use the Discount Tire Store Road Hazard "Lifetime" Warranty?

Specifically, my price quote was printed, "ROAD HAZARD-LIFETIME", but after purchasing the tires I received the Certificate for Repair, Refund, Replacement and it clearly states its effective for no more than "3 years from Date of Purchase".

My truck is not my primary vehicle and receives limited miles annually, which is why the "Lifetime" warranty was the deciding factor in my choosing Discount Tire Store. I will certainly still have more than 3/32" tread remaining beyond the 3 Year Anniversary.

Any insight appreciated.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
They have honored it after 3 years for me in the past. I suppose an individual worker could be a stickler, but that would be bad for repeat customers...

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They have honored it after 3 years for me in the past. I suppose an individual worker could be a stickler, but that would be bad for repeat customers...
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I just don't understand why Discount Tire would advertise "Lifetime" in their price quote and then only after purchase and installation give you the Warranty that clearly states their obligation expires 3 years after date of purchase.

It seems like misrepresentation to me.

I bought Michelins and even the manufacturer defines my tire as having a life of "6 years or down to a tread depth of 2/32".

·
Premium Member
9,667 Posts
I would imagine that they are stating the lifetime of the tires which they figure is no more than 3 years. If you look at tires they are all date stamped and only expected to last a certain amount of years no matter what the mileage is.

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would imagine that they are stating the lifetime of the tires which they figure is no more than 3 years. If you look at tires they are all date stamped and only expected to last a certain amount of years no matter what the mileage is.
Thanks Bugman,

I did record the DOT date code that you mention when I registered my tires on the Michelin website.

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ArcticDriver, we apologize you had an issue at one of our Discount Tire stores. We would be happy to look into this for you if you will Pm us your information.

PM coming your way.
Thats really considerate of you folks to make that offer. I will PM you.
It wasn't that I had an issue with the shop that installed the tires, its only that I need clarity on the Certificate of RRR.

The crew at the shop I went to was actually top notch and worked effectively as a team.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Let us know what you find out ArcticDriver...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts