The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,379 Posts
Some 6.0 owners report injector stiction being an issue and having luck with this product. Never seen stiction on a 7.3 DI and no way on an IDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The stiction eliminator will help clean the engine.
The diesel extreme works, but only supposed to run it once every 6 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put the Hotshot In my 99 7.3 when I bought it this past spring. It is amazing how clean the oil has stayed. Not the normal black diesel oil that you cant get off your hands. So Yes I say it works.

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
The black in the diesel oil is soot from the cylinder walls that gets washed off and into the oil. It is the filters job to get rid of it.

Hotshot would have nothing to do with cleaning the oil. Even their web site says nothing about cleaning the oil.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
The black in the diesel oil is soot from the cylinder walls that gets washed off and into the oil. It is the filters job to get rid of it.

Hotshot would have nothing to do with cleaning the oil. Even their web site says nothing about cleaning the oil.
Couldn't agree more, Bugman.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah, something else going on. Lol or something hes not telling. (Like a bypass filter)

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
The post might have been saying that he used Hotshot when he bought the truck and his more recent oil changes are not as dirty.

·
Premium Member
8,484 Posts
I looked at the Hotshot web site and how clean some of the motors are on before and after shots. Problem is you can get them just as clean by running kerosene mix in your oil.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I looked at the Hotshot web site and how clean some of the motors are on before and after shots. Problem is you can get them just as clean by running kerosene mix in your oil.

Right, that's all most of that stuff is.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It has helped my 7.3 clean some of the coking out of my turbo and injectors. But the key to a 7.3 is use good filters and change the oil every 4,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yeah, but that'll be harder on your bearings.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
It's always been agreed upon by diesel mechanics and diesel engine reps that black oil means the oil is doing its job. I remember years ago a few people requested Havoline and it would turn black so quick a few people later accused the shop of not changing their oil, and this was in gas engines. Long time back, but I remember any life-long Havoline engine we tore down the tops of the cylinder heads were amazingly clean, no sludge whatsoever to be found.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
The stiction eliminator will help clean the engine.
The diesel extreme works, but only supposed to run it once every 6 months.
You can't replace wear with chemistry. It's injector solenoid wear that causes the stiction in electronic engines.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
But it's not always wear causing stiction in a 6.0 injector. Many times the spool valves could be cleaned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts