The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got my first SuperDuty last week. So excited about it!

Got the captains chairs and removed the plastic center console. Now my wife can "walk through" to the "crew" area to deal with the babies in back.

xtn

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Its such a lifestyle decision. I have dogs and kids. I like to put one or the other in the middle with us from time to time. I also couldnt live without that big drop down arm rest/hideaway for cell phones, money, etc.

Sometimes I have to get in the passenger side and scoot over if the Boss parks her truck too close to my side.

I am also with some of the others on the leather issue. Whats the big deal about it? Costs more and it isnt as comfortable. It takes extra stuff to keep it conditioned and it ends up cracking. I wouldnt go leather again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Captains chairs all the way. And I do me all the way. I love mine so much I know have quad captains in my 04 Sport. All black leather. I swapped my rear bench with my buddies harley davidson seats. You don't even notice the Logo in the headrest. I get many compliments on how cool it is as well. I would only go leather as well. I have never had an issue with Fords leather and it is much easier to keep clean. Cloth seats hold dust and smells. just wipe the leather and go. Next time you are in a auto with cloth seats go ahead and slap the seat. Watch the dust fly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
40/20/40 for me. I had the captain chairs before. They are no fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Plus i really like the big armrest, my German Shepard fits better on the bench, and it looks better to me too. Personal preference.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I often need to seat 3 in the front seat and captains chairs will not allow for this. The bench seat also lets one of the children to ride in front with my wife and I when the other wants more space. Overall the bench seat just offers more flexability in use. If you NEVER need the extra seating then go with what YOU like. I have not tried captain's chairs in my CC but in friends van it made entrance and exits more difficult than with a bench

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I was debating this myself recently, and decided I'll be getting the "bench" when the time comes, for the same reasons already mentioned:

- they're the same seats as the captains chairs, except that they're connected
- extra people-carrying ability
- big, wide, comfy armrest + storage.... the little armrests on the captain's chairs just aren't right for my proportions, and the big center console seems it would be hard to find what you're looking for in there.

I just don't see any benefit to the captain's chairs over the 40/20/40 bench. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
207 Posts
Captains Chairs here. I won't go back to a bench now. The Capt chairs just seem more comfy on the long hauls.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I liked the captains chairs so much that I have four of them in my truck! I am a big guy and I feel that when you fold down the center console it gets in my way. The consoles on my truck are HUGE so getting some boxes, etc into them to 'organize' them is a must. The back seat passengers are quite overwhelmed when seated similar to the front seats.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I very much prefer the split bench with the fold-down console. The console is higher than the captain's chairs storage thingy, making it much more comfortable to rest my right arm on while driving. Not to mention all the stuff in the console is higher up than in the captain's chair version, making it easier to get to.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts