The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many have told me that they made them, but the only information I can find indicates that any that exist are conversions.

I purchased a 2000 F450 crew cab and chassis truck last year and we converted it to a pickup using a bed I found at a local truck part place. The bed appears to be a factory bed, but the wheel wells are moved 3" back as compared to an F350 bed. This was to accommodate the additional 3" distance between the cab and the center-line of the axle. The bed was in factory primer, so it could have been a prototype.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone can verify that such an animal was really made by Ford.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Factory F450 pickups exist in DRW. Factory F550 pickups have never existed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Your 2000 F450 is a C&C , mannington was installing Ford Factory DRW bed on those and F550 C&C . The wheel wells are in the stock locations.
Modifications where made to the cross members of the bottom of the bed to accommodate the flat bed rails of the C&C frame rails. The also added an extension to the front of the bed to close up the gap left by the additional wheel base of the C&C vs the pick up wheel base.

Sounds like you may have picked up a "custom " made bed. So after market up fitter companies where and are making these for these for our trucks.

And, yes you can buy a new from Ford F450 or F550 C&C pick up.
These beds are still made.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your 2000 F450 is a C&C , mannington was installing Ford Factory DRW bed on those and F550 C&C . The wheel wells are in the stock locations.
Modifications where made to the cross members of the bottom of the bed to accommodate the flat bed rails of the C&C frame rails. The also added an extension to the front of the bed to close up the gap left by the additional wheel base of the C&C vs the pick up wheel base.

Sounds like you may have picked up a "custom " made bed. So after market up fitter companies where and are making these for these for our trucks.

And, yes you can buy a new from Ford F450 or F550 C&C pick up.
These beds are still made.

Yeah I did hear or those conversions. I thought the filler piece would look kind of tacky, so I was very glad to find the bed that I did. It may have been custom made I guess, but it looks like it may have been prototype.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts