The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post here! I've been lurking the forums for a little bit now looking for my answer before making my own post but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I recently purchased a 2003 7.3L F250 Super Duty. The tires currently on it are 265/75r16 with stock rims.

I noticed the front of the truck sits higher than the rear. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? I started looking into seeing if maybe it had a level kit and saw a small block under the rear leaf springs and a set of smaller leaf springs under the front. I attached some pictures to this thread.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a leveling kit or is this normal?

I would like to run 35s on this truck but i'm not sure if that will be too big.

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
That's a 2" leveling kit that someone added on there. Not OEM and was done that way to maintain the factory ride. You could add 35" tires but you might have to shim out the bumper and pull back the fender liner to prevent rubbing. The type of wheel and its offset will also affect this.
The back spacer block is OEM original.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If the front springs were new you could run 35's but they look pretty sagged. I would run a 285/75/16 instead

If you want to raise the rear an inch get an f350 rear block.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
The best to run 35 is a 4" lift kit, if you really wanna go 35 without a lift kit you can always get the bushwaker fender flares cut-out style

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
What yang said!

If you want a few more inches up front get some longer shackles

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would put the 4" F350 blocks in the back. I have 285/75/16" tires on my 99 F250 truck with a 2 1/2" lift in the front and the 4" blocks in the rear. I sometimes get a little rubbing on the inner fender on the drivers side when turning left especially if I hit a bump while turning left. My truck sits about 1" higher in the back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!! I'm stuck between 295/75r16 or 315/75r16. I'm not too sure if the 315/75r16 would fit or not as that equals out to 34.6X12.4R16.

Then it comes down to either the Dynapro ATM RF10 or the General Grabber AT2's. Lots of sugar sand and mud near where I live so hopefully these will do the trick.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I've got the 315s on mine with the leveling kit, and the only problem is that they rub on the inner fender liner when you're turning and hit a bump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I ended up getting Definity Dakota M/Ts for $800 for all 4 tires out the door. Size is 285/75r16

Looks like I could've gone with the 315's but a few people I spoke with told me that the 315's are a little wide for the stock rims I have on my truck.

Now I have a new question that I can't really find the answer to so I figure i'll ask on here instead of posting a new thread... How much PSI should be in these tires? The max load on them says 65 PSI but 90% of the time i'm running empty so towing isn't going to play a factor into it. How much PSI should I be running in these for optimal mpg? I got 50 in the front now and 40 in the rear.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would put the 4" F350 blocks in the back. I have 285/75/16" tires on my 99 F250 truck with a 2 1/2" lift in the front and the 4" blocks in the rear. I sometimes get a little rubbing on the inner fender on the drivers side when turning left especially if I hit a bump while turning left. My truck sits about 1" higher in the back.

I'm interested in installing 2in lift blocks up front and f350 blocks in the rear of my 2005 f250. I've heard the rear axle may look off centered with out altering the track bars?

Also I assume I wont need to alter break lines, drive shaft, shocks etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I ended up getting Definity Dakota M/Ts for $800 for all 4 tires out the door. Size is 285/75r16

Looks like I could've gone with the 315's but a few people I spoke with told me that the 315's are a little wide for the stock rims I have on my truck.

Now I have a new question that I can't really find the answer to so I figure i'll ask on here instead of posting a new thread... How much PSI should be in these tires? The max load on them says 65 PSI but 90% of the time i'm running empty so towing isn't going to play a factor into it. How much PSI should I be running in these for optimal mpg? I got 50 in the front now and 40 in the rear.

Thanks everyone
the higher PSI the higher the fuel economy although id be surprised if you noticed any improvement from 50 to 65 PSI. This is because the more PSI the less tire touches the road which = less resistance. I usually run 10 PSI more in the rear as recommended by ford but i do a decent amount of hauling. If you have a snow plow more PSI up front rather than rear may be beneficial to you

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
since you have an 05 you need to get a coil spacer up front. You can install a larger block in the rear. get it aligned after the lift and if the axle isn't centered you need a track bar drop bracket or adjustable track bar

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need a new steering box so I ordered the front spacers already, was only looking to do the rear blocks if the front comes out taller than the rear because the truck already sits pretty level, If i need to adjust the track bars will i need an alignment then too?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
A good shop should do an alignment for you if they replace the steering box

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do all the work myself. I decided im going to go ahead and order the rear f350 (5in block?) blocks so I can install and align everything at one time and not worry about it.

Does anyone know if i do in fact need to adjust track bars? If I need a bracket of some sort would like to order it now so to limit time truck is apart

Any recommendations where to order from below $100?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts