The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, after all the discussion about swapping the under seat storage box for the fold out shelf from the earlier year models, and having acquired one and installed it, I went on the search for a dog bed to fit. Not having much success I ran across a business in California, Big Dog Beds, which is owned and run by a gentleman named Woody. Woody worked with me over the phone and I provided him the exact dimensions to build a bed and a bed did he build. I am attaching pictures of the bed and the lucky Lady who is enjoying it. I would highly recommend Woody and Big Dog Beds should you be looking for the Cadillac of Dog Beds. Note the appropriate cutouts for the seat infrastructure so the bed is secured as well as custom fitted to the environment. Woody's site is Dog Beds - Dog Furniture - Orthopedic Dog Beds - Memory Foam Dog Bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holly geez that is huge. My dog would not know what to do. I just bought him a cheap $20 seat cover for the back seat. Good looking dog.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Would you mind posting the price or PM'ing me. I just saw this and showed my wife and she was all for it. We have a boxer and 2 maltese and this would be great for them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holly geez that is huge. My dog would not know what to do. I just bought him a cheap $20 seat cover for the back seat. Good looking dog.
Sleeper...Thanks for the compliment...Maggie is the queen of my roost for sure!

Would you mind posting the price or PM'ing me. I just saw this and showed my wife and she was all for it. We have a boxer and 2 maltese and this would be great for them.[/quote]

MMOMEGA, I would recommend you send an email to Woody and let him know what you want. He is super to work with and very responsive. He has his phone number on his web site and answers 7-7 PST Mon thru Sat. He has a multitude of fabrics to choose from. This particular one that I decided to use was the Crypton material, shown on his website, which is waterproof and eco friendly. He now has the pattern and you can see the fit is pretty darn good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks awesome. First thing I did when I got the truck home was take out the storage compartment so our ole girl can fit in the back. She is a 12 year old rotty and spoiled as hell :) We just put her big dog bed on the floor and i use a ramp for the quads to set it on the running board to make it easy for her to get in and out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stsmark, I actually picked one up off Craigslist for $25. Fellow sold the truck and had this left over. I have see several posts on here where folks have been interested in trading their fold our ramp for the storage box found in the 2011. Might take a look.

·
Registered
276 Posts
MMOMEGA, I would recommend you send an email to Woody and let him know what you want. He is super to work with and very responsive. He has his phone number on his web site and answers 7-7 PST Mon thru Sat. He has a multitude of fabrics to choose from. This particular one that I decided to use was the Crypton material, shown on his website, which is waterproof and eco friendly. He now has the pattern and you can see the fit is pretty darn good.
I plan on it soon. I'm wondering if he(Woody) would still have the measurements that you sent him. Hoping to get the '11 F350 before July and it would be nice to already have the bed before we go on our cross-country trip. I have the fold down flat shelf in the current truck and thinking a switch-a-roo would work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on it soon. I'm wondering if he(Woody) would still have the measurements that you sent him. Hoping to get the '11 F350 before July and it would be nice to already have the bed before we go on our cross-country trip. I have the fold down flat shelf in the current truck and thinking a switch-a-roo would work.
MMOMEGA, he does in fact have the template and is intending to reuse it since it fit so well. And the switch works perfect. All the bolt holes line up perfect. I chose not to place the one bolt in the from of the shelf which bolts through the carpet as it did not appear to do anything support wise and save me punching a hole in the carpet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts