The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey, sorry I hadn't been on here in a little while, How did it all turn out? was it the same thing as I had?
I still haven't gotten the truck to the dealer yet. I will soon though. Black interior, tint, and no dome lights cause quite the annoyance. I will update the thread for sure once I know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same issue, and upon removing the lense to make sure the bulb wasn't burnt out I noticed the plug was not pressed all the way in. A quick push with a pick tool and it was clicked into place, and my dome like was operational again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
UPDATE!!!

I know that it has been a while since I posted this thread, but I finally have resolution. I got the truck into the shop and they were able to reset the BCM codes. My dome lights are now working. I tried leaving the battery disconnected for a long time without any results. The BCM needs to be reset with the proper scan tool. Thanks for all the stories and suggestions everybody.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone else has this issue I'm adding my reply.

I had this identical issue. It came about after I replaced the stock 2012 interior bulbs with the LED versions (name brand, not amazon crap). I was able to fix the problem by clearing the codes from the BCM using an Anova OBD2 scanner. I bought the high end version that included the diesel codes. I have to redo it every so often but its half the cost of a new BCM and it works.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts