The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 problems going on at the moment. I think one has caused the other, Has anyone had problems with the windshield on their 2000 Ford F250 7.3 Superduty leaking? It suddenly started leaking and I found puddle on the passenger side and now I am getting moisture on the driver side also.
When wet is causes all sorts of problems but normally they go away after it dries back out. Though this time the dome lights, and back brake/bed light isn't working either. The dome lights will work if I manually switch them on, but will not work when the doors are opened.
I have checked fuses, replaced relay, wd40 the door latches. I am at loss as to what to try now.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
26,593 Posts
You probably have corrosion in your underdash fuse box or the GEM that mounts on it. The GEM is what monitors the door switches and turns on the dome light.
You definitely need to get the leaks fixed or things will just get worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably have corrosion in your underdash fuse box or the GEM that mounts on it. The GEM is what monitors the door switches and turns on the dome light.
You definitely need to get the leaks fixed or things will just get worse.
Going to the shop next week to get windshield fixed. I will check the fuse box and the GEM!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts