The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1990, f350 7.3. 5 speed trans. Ive bean replacing things here and there. Like the CDR valve, return lines and **** like that.

I’d like to put a single stack on the outside of the bed. Is that stupid?

what’s the best to way too upgrade the cooling system

last thing, is a 4 inch lift doable on it?

New to the diesel ****, be patient with me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The best way to upgrade the cooling system would be to keep it clean. These old trucks have some of the best cooling systems for their size anywhere. As far as the stack outside the bed...whatever floats your boat, personally I would spend the money for something else. 4" lift can be done, but it makes it hard to handle.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
I agree with the above.

I personally think that a stack is wasted money along with a 4 inch lift. If you do put a lift on the next question you will come back with is how to improve fuel mileage.

You have a old truck, and unless you are made of money save it for things that are going to go bad instead of adding problems to it.

·
Registered
1999 ford f250
135 Posts
I agree with oldrebuiltdodge and bugman
Unless you really really want to put a lift on it or have more money than you know what to do with why add problems and stress on your self.
Just fix what needs attention and drive it for years like it is 👍🏻🙂

·
Registered
'79 F350 xlt extra cab 7.3 auto dually. Stock. 240,000. Bought new.
27 Posts
I agree with oldrebuiltdodge and bugman
Unless you really really want to put a lift on it or have more money than you know what to do with why add problems and stress on your self.
Just fix what needs attention and drive it for years like it is 👍🏻🙂
Just got a 1990, f350 7.3. 5 speed trans. Ive bean replacing things here and there. Like the CDR valve, return lines and **** like that.

I’d like to put a single stack on the outside of the bed. Is that stupid?

what’s the best to way too upgrade the cooling system

last thing, is a 4 inch lift doable on it?

New to the diesel ****, be patient with me
I agree with the other commenters. I will say that when I see stack(s) on a pickup I think 'kid' or 'wannabe trucker', but that's just me. It looks like you've got a really nice old truck and you may be farther ahead (with more money) by taking care of the little things like fluid changes, filters, etc. and polishing that baby up. It seems like red tends to oxidize quicker than some other colors, but it shines up nicely.
Have fun but be easy on her til you get to know her.
Good day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts