The Diesel Stop banner

downpipe 4"? what next

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bigjohnson 
#1 ·
I got my gauges install and my southbend OFE is setting at black widow diesel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif waiting for me to go pick it up.
when i put the clutch in i am going to do a downpipe. my last truck i did the hypermax dp on and was happy with it.

i'd like to get a full 4" pipe even though it is a pain to put in. while i have the tranny out and the firewall would be easier to mod should i go ahead and do it or just go with like a 3x4" from tymar?

plans for this summer are stage 2 beans, swamps 175s or somthing of that size.

Thanks Ben

See less See more
#2 ·
What are your plans for a turbo, if any?

A 4" DP I hear will only be worthwhile on a larger turbo, and putting it in seems to be really hard, aka pulling the engine is the best way to go about it.

I'm totally happy with my 3-4" DP from Tymar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS... that is one SWEET truck dude!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

#3 ·
I went ahead and put a 4" downpipe in my truck with the motor and trans in place. It is a pain crushing the fire wall but it will fit. I used a porta power and it makes the job rather simple. I had a 3" before and ran up on a deal on a 4" so I decided to put it in and I don't think it is that much better but it does work well.

Good Luck,
Philip

#4 ·
I think for now i am going to go with a 3x4dp, down the road the truck will get a diffenent charger but not anytime soon.

so anyways.... last night i come out of 2nd at 2500rpms or so went for third and it wasn't there, grabbed the shifter and it fell where 4th used to be. im gonna check and see if the end of the shifter didn't just break off but im prolly gonna end up pullin it tonight and taking it into town.

ill let you guys know how it works out... Ben

#5 ·
Trannys laying on the floor.... that was fun

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Trannys laying on the floor.... that was fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill bet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

-Stouff

#7 ·
Ill get the tranny back tomorrow and maybe put it in tommorow night if not thursday.

i broke the shiftfork in it and the 3rd and 4th blocker rings were warn so it should be way better than it was before.
just got off the phone with day from tymar and i think im gonna get a 3X4 downpipe and a new filter for my intake. i think ill gut the EPBV too..

Ben

#8 ·
ok well i just got off the phone with dale again.. first time i talked to him in person he is one hell of a nice guy to deal with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

so i ended up getting a new air filter and elbow so i can put my tymar intake back together.
a HPX cross over line
3x4" downpipe and a 5" straight exhaust out in front of the rear tire...

cant wait till this stuff gets here.. im going through withdrawls of not driving a powerstroke, got to drive a buddys 6 speed superduty this weekend alittle bit but its nothing like yourown..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.