The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reinstalled (long story) the new DP Tuner 16 position chip in my Excursion tonight, and it is SWEET! There is no problem with the Theft light like there used to be with all the other chips out there. So, those of you with Excusion who worried about the PATS issue...don't need to worry any more!

Just as a testament to Jody's tuning...switching between settings is SEAMLESS. There is no stalling or surging of the engine at all between settings. In fact, when idling, you would never know you switched programs. It's awesome.

And of course, there is always the infamous DP Tuner service! I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed discussing this stuff with Jody and Diane. They are both helpful, informative, and just simply great people to talk to.

For those of you unaware of one of Jody's new features, it is that the tuner will automatically default to the "0" program if you disconnect the digital display pad. This is great if you want to put your Stock, Valet, or Anti-Theft program in the "0" spot. That way, you simply disconnect the display pad and off you go without a worry in the world that someone else is going to hotdog your truck (especially if you loan it to a friend who likes your truck!).

Anyway, I will post mileage gains once I have them after running with his ECONOMY tune. If you've been hesitating to buy from DP Tuner, don't wait 3-4 years like I did.

THANKS DP TUNER!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cool! Good to hear that you're happy with his programming. I'm gonna get a tuner, chip, and/or PCM from them. I didn't have time to call Jody today but tomorrow looks promising!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
did you have to send in your pcm so jody could read the pats code off of it? or did you just tell him the pcm code?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
did you have to send in your pcm so jody could read the pats code off of it? or did you just tell him the pcm code?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there a couple of days ago. He had to (as he said) suck the PATS program from my PCM and put it on the PCM he provided with my tunes. I wanted to keep my stock PCM just in case.
If you want YOUR PCM programed with his tunes you will have to send him yours.
Haven't commented about the new tuning due to the fact I haven't had it very long. It might need some tweeking though! Maybe that's why I kept my stock PCM???????
What would be real nice is if he could design the key fobby thingy to be the chip that could be removed at will. Now that would be a real theft deterrant! No key fob thingy - no start. I know size would be at least on factor in not doing it that way, and maybe constant unplugging and plugging another.

Paul B

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
man....if only i hadn't had started on this next project, I'd totally be all over it!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just told him what my PCM code was, that was it. He lives half-way across the country from me, so I don't have the luxury of dropping by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He'll take care of you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thank you Tailgate.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Could you post a picture of the install in cab? I'm trying to decide between the pushbutton/display and rotary switch.....

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I will post mileage gains once I have them after running with his ECONOMY tune. If you've been hesitating to buy from DP Tuner, don't wait 3-4 years like I did.

THANKS DP TUNER!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ordered a new PCM from him with the 80HP econo tune in it. I am going to do the same once I get the gearing done, compare the Diablo 60HP milage against the DP 80 Econo and see how it goes.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I can't wait to get my tunes from him. 60 Tow, 80 Econ, and 120 Race. A position for every situation that I'll ever encounter at the moment.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
When I talked to Jody today, I told him I want to get the chip down the line and he said to make sure I let him know that the PCM has the 80 HP already in it so he doesnt charge me twice for his tune. The CHip overrides all programming in the PCM, which means if I want a stock setting it wouldnt be getting it from the PCM, but from the chip. Makes sense now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts