The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions. I have been thinking about buying a chip to help out when I tow. I have an '02 f250 auto with 4" turbo back exhaust and the Tymar intake conversion running on 100% homebre Biodiesel. I regularly tow a 5000 pound boat and was wondering what you would recommend for programs to get. I dont run out of power but maybe a little more economy or something to get the tranny shifting firmer is basically what I am looking for. Besides, it would be fun:lol::lol:

I was thinking about the following:
80 econo
80 tow
high idle
stock
valet
and MAYBE the 100 hp setting.

Would these be good selections for my application? If not what are your suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Just a few questions. I have been thinking about buying a chip to help out when I tow. I have an '02 f250 auto with 4" turbo back exhaust and the Tymar intake conversion running on 100% homebre Biodiesel. I regularly tow a 5000 pound boat and was wondering what you would recommend for programs to get. I dont run out of power but maybe a little more economy or something to get the tranny shifting firmer is basically what I am looking for. Besides, it would be fun:lol::lol:

I was thinking about the following:
80 econo
80 tow
high idle
stock
valet
and MAYBE the 100 hp setting.

Would these be good selections for my application? If not what are your suggestions?
Hi there,

For towing the boat the 80 tow is prefect. Since you are getting the econo setting I would skip the 100p and get the 120R.

All else looks good. :thumbsup:

Diane

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of increases could I expect in milage on the econo setting? Just courous and I know it would just be a ballpark number.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
What kind of increases could I expect in milage on the econo setting? Just courous and I know it would just be a ballpark number.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Taxmame,

There are tons of variables when it comes to fuel milaage increases. That one reason why we don't advertise a certain mileage increase with the Econo tune. Alot of things factor into fuel mileage increases. For ex: maintence of the truck driving style and condition of fuel. Most of our customers do get an increase, some don't, but love the extra ump they get with the tune. It's all in what you are looking for. On average though we here back is 2-4 better. :thumbsup:

Diane

·
Registered
538 Posts

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I have seen a 4mpg increase with it in 80E setting on the highway.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I have seen a 4mpg increase with it in 80E setting on the highway.

that's awesome! Thanks for the feedback:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts