The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 97 f350 xlt " California " truck with a 7.3. Suspecting fault in pcm. OBD port dead, no wts light, ses light is on. Replaced GPC, fuel bowel heater, valve cover gaskets and related harnes plugs and lastly the cam sensor. My question is, if a pcm is fried... would i still be able to see my ses light and crank? Also i pulled the pcm and found a bent/broken in half pin, i streightened it to the best of my ability and still no firing. I have not done the 5v testing yet, im not very electrically inclined, still learning how to conduct that test.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
The broken pin is not good, especially if it has broken. It looks like it is either Pin #51 (Black with White Stripe wire on the connector) which would be Circuit 570, a ground circuit OR Pin #54 (Purple with a Yellow Stripe wire on the connector) which would be Circuit 480, for the Torque Converter Clutch solenoid. That ground could be screwing you, but before trying to locate another DPC-312, try and figure out if there is a 5V issue. If one of the sensors that uses it is shorted (or any of the associated wiring), you will not get the WTS light. The sensors that use it are: CPS, TPS, BARO, ICP, MAP, and EBP. You can try this: With the PCM plugged in, unplug one of the sensors I mentioned. Turn the key to WTS. Does the WTS light come on? Yes and that sensor was probably shorted out. No, move to the next one. Repeat. If the WTS never comes on, you may need to check the wiring for those sensors and reference circuit (should be in the post I linked). Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts