The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching this forum for about the last week looking for info in the "Dr Power Performance Module" (advertised on page 49 of the fall 2004 Power Stroke Registry" I'm wondering if any of you out there can give me a thumbs up or down on this product. It sounds good, from both the ad, and talking to the company. Claims to increase performance (HP TQ and MPG) without overfueling as the other chip, mods and tuners do. I like that idea if it works.
Somebody out there give me a heads up. Good bad or indifferant
Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome CFD29,

Just speaking from my limited experience I would give a thumbs down on Dr. Performance.
You'll need a little more than a week to figure things out.
There are a lot of great modules out there.
It just depends on what your looking for.
Keep lookin, you'll do better than Dr Performance.

Gale

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Welcome to the TDS!

I had one for my 7.3 and yeah it worked,(but set the SES light all the time) but after reading a bunch on this site I took it back. I'll be ordering the 18K kit from Garrett soon.(one of the fine sponsers here).

Read on...

·
Registered
537 Posts
are you looking for a chip or tuner and how serious do you want to get?? There is so much info here you won't know what to do with it. I'm addicted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

O and WELCOME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not lookin to get wild. a few more ponys would be nice. I did purchase a SC 1704 on bad advise. was told 6.0 was 6.0, so it wold work in 05. (shoulda came here first) The dealer was nice and took it back and apolagised for his error.
The ad in PSR for "DR" interested me because it claims to ad the hp and tq without over fueling the motor. thus safer, and no EGT issues. when I called DR, the person I talked with stated +80 hp +160 tq, and +2-4 mpg. It all sounds good, my question is..... Is it true?

·
Registered
170 Posts
i know 2 guys that are running it in their 6.0's and both are impressed and very satisfied. no codes have been thrown, EGT's are well within reason even while pulling 35' 5th wheel at posted speeds and slightly above. virtually no smoke and no shifting issues. i say good, some say bad so the best way to find out is get with a respected dealer and try it...if you dont like it the "respected dealer" should take it back for a refund. good luck

btw, both had a very significant increase in fuel mileage

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
CFD29,

It raises the fuel pressure by fooling the ICP sensor, therby getting higher pressure that the truck "thinks" is has at any one time. This increases fueling and creates more HP etc.

We sell the Edge, van Aaken, Super Chips, and Predator programmers and feel that to get the best HP and lowest EGT's it is to your advantage to raise fuel pressure some, change timing some, alter duration some to get a combined overall higher HP and lower EGT's while not stressing any one part of the engines operating system.

Call us if you need any questions answered.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts