The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its really disappointing and yes I know other threads have been started on this same issue.

Took mine to the Ford dealer and Ford has denied to fix it under my 200K mile extended warranty. Won't even really discuss it. There seems to be a pandemic going on here.

This is on a 2017 F350.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Diesel Care? Which level? Here is the brochure and it's not overly impressive but Diesel Care PLUS foes list "oil pan" but oil pans don't fail, they are not internally lubricated parts... I wonder if "oil pan" means leaking due to poor sealing which is silicone for the 2017 model year.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's the poor sealing issue and yes I had the most expensive extended warranty. Still denied the claim and I appealed it for further review and denied again. Local dealer quoted $4500 for the fix which from what I am reading is no guarantee it will be fixed.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Who did you appeal to?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes it's the poor sealing issue and yes I had the most expensive extended warranty. Still denied the claim and I appealed it for further review and denied again. Local dealer quoted $4500 for the fix which from what I am reading is no guarantee it will be fixed.
No way it’s 4500. They’re raping you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appealed to the Warranty Department and then spoke with Ford Customer Service.

Yes $4500 is a rip off and no I refuse to pay for it. I can buy a lot of oil with that money or use it as a down payment for a new truck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My observation is that if you let this go it will only get worse. Next it will give your truck some rust protection if you let it go. it will create a mess on your driveway. I do think Ford should step up and fix this once and for all. To many trucks have had this problem. I got lucky and found this leak early. I look under my truck every once in a while. I had mine fixed under the engine warranty. Ford should have this problem fixed by now. I am not sure but there are so many trucks with oil pan leaks. It is not a simple fix ether. Transmission needs to come out. Seals O rings gaskets need to be replaced. They even replace all the bolts. Transmission needs to come out. This is not a simple job. Oil pan has 2 parts and the upper pan is the problem. Not sure where you live but here in Ca. labor cost have gone through the roof.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I appealed to the Warranty Department and then spoke with Ford Customer Service.

Yes $4500 is a rip off and no I refuse to pay for it. I can buy a lot of oil with that money or use it as a down payment for a new truck.
I want to say i paid 1500 to do mine. Have you verified it’s not the vacuum pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts