The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all !
is there any one out there that can help me with disabling my DRLs on my 2015 F350 ? i installed a set of Recon headlights & am using the Halos & LEDs as the DRLs but dont know how to disable the factory DRLs....is it a fuse or relay that i can just pull ?
Any help would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
There is no fuse nor user ability to disable the DRL's. You have to get Ford or a private shop that can access the Small Junction Box (SJB) via the OBDII port to disable the DRL's.

Plus, I think in Canada you would be in violation of your country's laws so I doubt a dealer will do it.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
DRL - Daytime Running Lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha !! disable a dealer ! haha !

so another problem im having is with a hid relay.....i have everything ran & all but the main power switch that plugs into the main headlight harness....i think it might be on the driver side in the fuse panel box ? can some one help me locate this plug ? not sure which one it would be if it is in there & not wanting to start unplugging all the harnesses to find which one....would be great to get some help on this

thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Sorry not sure what you mean by the "hid relay"?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a relay to supply sufficient enough constant powere to the HID bulbs when then day time running lights are on as they run at a lower voltage & without the harness , the DRLs will just flicker....i just found all this out while trying to install just the ballast & bulb...im just wanting to locate the harness plug for the headlights to plug this relay in to so that it will power the lights. it dont plug in at the head lamps , theres only one plug & it plugs in "up stream of the 2 headlight plugs , which im having a hell of a time finding...im told its in the left kick pannel but so far everyone i have pulled to see if the lights come off is not the correct one...

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
DUH!......you were told it is in the right hand kick panel....

Do you not know how to tell a parts store or a mechanic which side of your truck has a problem? You sit in the drivers seat and face forward. Your left hand will be on the LEFT side of the Truck and your RIGHT hand will be on the right hand side of the truck.

If you get out of the truck and stand in front of the truck, the driver's side is still the LEFT hand side of the truck and so forth.

Now, what do you usually do with your foot and a rock or pine cone? You KICK it, right? SOOOOO, a kick panel ,might be something inside the truck when you sit in the seat, driver or passenger seat and kick it with your foot, right?

So, now where do you think the RIGHT HAND KICK PANEL is located?

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The connector you are looking for is connector C2280E

1 - 10 of 10 Posts