The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just lowered our 2011 F-350 DRW this past weekend using a DJM drop kit. After doing a bit of homework and talking with DJM, we decided to give the 2010 drop kit a shot. The front suspension hasn't changed from previous years, though there was one major difference in the rear. Ford changed the u-bolt assembly in the rear for 2011 that didn't work with the drop kit, so we ended up having custom u-bolts made. The axle tubes are also slightly bigger this year. I'm sure once DJM markets the 2011 kit, they will have designed new brackets or will include the u-bolts in the kit.

So far, I have to say that the kit is amazing. The truck rides really nicely and does much better on the freeways around here (the bucking and bouncing has been cut down about 40-50% at least.) The kit dropped the truck about 3" in the front and 5" in the rear. DJM makes matched shocks to go with this kit as well, which helps quite a bit too. Anyway, here are some pictures of the truck, post-drop. Hopefully you guys dig it.

Kris

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice truck. I have an 04 drw f350 fx4 and am looking at getting the new f350. but not sure about the DRW. I need to see it in person. What throws me is the fenders on the duals. How do you like the look? I have seen plenty of SRW around here but yet to see a DRW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I don't care much for the new dually fenders. They're kinda cool, but ultimately don't flatter the look of the truck. I'll be putting a set of '08-'10 Street Scene Big Boy fenders on the truck shortly. I was told there will be some modification needed to fit the new loooong gas door, but it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yea thats my feeling but wanted to see in person before my fianl descision. Plese keep me and us posted on the fender upgrade. I would really like to see that.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Kris. That thing looks sick. Awesome truck. Probably not so good for winter mountain driving out here though, haha. I love it though. Nice job.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kris,

from the last picture, it looks like you needed to chop it to get it
in the garage:lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I don't actually park it in the garage, I keep my M3 or Mustang in there, depending on which one is home at the time. The truck is waaay too long to fit lol.

·
Registered
713 Posts
That looks damn good ... Rod 27 should be all over this thread..:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
SWEET
I agree with rfishoutofwater, I prefer the squarer fender over the new look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow it's been a while since I've updated this thread haha...well here are some pics of how the truck sits now and how it looks with the previous generation fenders. :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Love that truck. Hate my fenders and was excited when I saw those pictures from SEMA. I'm thinking of sticking with Factory fenders since I don't plan on going with wider tires, and when I measured a 2008 truck seems like the OEM fenders will clear the new bigger fuel door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts