The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if clearing the DTC's also resets the monitors back to where I have to perform the drive cycle all over again? It wont pass smog now with the P1000 and P0541. I've performed the Ford drive cycle several times and cannot get rid of the two codes. I befieve the p0541 is a soft code. I keep clearing the codes but of course they come back so I don't know if I'm clasing my tail by clearing them or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if clearing the DTC's also resets the monitors back to where I have to perform the drive cycle all over again? It wont pass smog now with the P1000 and P0541. I've performed the Ford drive cycle several times and cannot get rid of the two codes. I befieve the p0541 is a soft code. I keep clearing the codes but of course they come back so I don't know if I'm clasing my tail by clearing them or not.
Whoops....that's "chasing" my tail not clasing.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yes, clearing codes resets all the monitors. You have to drive the cycle again to get the monitors to run.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yes and depending on the code it can prevent monitors from from running.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid of that. I guess I have been chasing my tail since I've been deleting the codes every time I check them. I'm getting P0475, P0541 and the dreded P1000. Will these codes clear automaticaly once the problem is fixed without having to delete them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts