The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered F4TZ-12K073-C from amazom package has DU-87 also has F4TZ-12K073-C is it ok to use? thought DC-87 was for the older trucks per 95 maybe thanks

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
The P/N F4TZ-12K073-C is for the Dark Blue/Purple CPS that Ford lists in the earlier 7.3 but which everyone says is the best genuine Motorcraft CPS on the market today for all 7.3 PSD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ac ordered one feb 2017 but don't remember DU-87 on the plastic bag also can u give me measurement on original black cps thanks

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
thanks ac ordered one feb 2017 but don't remember DU-87 on the plastic bag also can u give me measurement on original black cps thanks
I am flying down to CO from AK and will mic a black one tomorrow with photos.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I started thinking about the measurement you are probably wanting—the distance from the collar that sits against the block to the end of the CPS.

The problem is not knowing how thick the plastic is over the end of the magnet or how close the magnet is. It would seem even the strength of the magnet would affect optimal distance from flywheel and I recall the Black had a stronger magnet than the grey or purple?

I measured my (5) spare Black CPS (I did not remove them from the plastic in the event I sell them one day).

The average length is 29.00mm.

That is 29.10mm overall minus the thickness of the plastic bag (0.10mm) for a total of 29.00mm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thats the measurement i wanted was shims used for original cps install thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts