The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following e-mail today regarding the new rules for signatures. I hope the rest of you don't feel this way. It's guys like this that really make running a site worthwhile
. His e-mail is [email protected] in case you want to let him know *your* feelings on the subject. I suspect it's a 13-year old kid using his mommy's e-mail account. The e-mail this came from wasn't listed in my member's database .. don't know how he expects me to remove his account .. maybe he's stupid as well as ignorant?

Jason

--------------------

Thank you for the note on signature length.I'm sure it was a real burden on the server's capacity and a real problem for others to read. I think I have a solution to your problem of minimal server memory and short attention span.

Please remove me from your membership rolls as I believe my long signature is a danger
to your computers and sometimes I don't stay on topic as well as some of the other
members.

I am verry sorry you have been forced to make new rules to keep me and others like me
who have modified their trucks from posting and using too much memory.

**** you,
dale

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Ignore the cretin.

The best take on this was from a Disney movie, of all things (yes, I have small children)

"Miserable people want to make more miserable people. Then, is happy".

Jason, you run a damn fine site, the members here, I believe, support you and stuff like this should not receive even a moment's consternation or cause even a temporary furrow in your brow. Let it go. The guy is enough of a burden to himself - don't let him be a burden to you.

------------------
krey

[This message has been edited by kreynol2 (edited 12-23-1999).]

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am going to send him a little note right now Jason. See, when you get to a certain size, the crazies come out man. I know the last company I worked for, we were starting to get really popular and you would start to get crazy emails like this, or threats, prank calls etc. There are some nuts in the world.

Jack

·
Registered
221 Posts
What a little creep. I for one am very glad that you have limited signature legnth and have thought it should have been done a long time ago.

------------------
99 F350 XL SD PS 4R100 3.73 DRW 2WD 84" Chassis Cab
Woodland Green Clearcoat Metalic

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Hey Jason! I'll be glad to let him (or his mom) know my feelings. Thanks for sharing this with us.

------------------
Mike Hardin,
Sierra Blanca II, 99.5 F250, Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren. Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Jason, don't let it get to you! This is your baby. Stay above the s**t and have an extra drink over the Holidays. I sent the big/little (?) creep a note and copied you.

------------------
99.5 WHITE F450 PSD 2X4 XLT CC DRW 4R100 4.88 (Born 12/15/98) PacBrake, 3 gauge A pillar, Fontaine Bed. Towing 40' Travel Supreme Fiver Fulltime. LUV'N OUR BEAST & RIG!
PLEASE KEEP THIS SITE ALIVE WITH A CONTRIBUTION TO ADDRESS IN "CONTACT" MENU!

[This message has been edited by Dave & Tania George (edited 12-23-1999).]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The little shi! probably knows that he's gonna get coal and switches for Christmas.

He should ask for the smarts to just point his browser elsewhere.

jp

------------------
Jim Penny
white, auto, 4x4 ESOF, CC, dually, 4.10LS, ARE
otra sierra blanca

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Sorry Guys
I don't think that was that far out of line.
It's not my opinion, but I don't think clogging him mothers mail box is the answer.

Also, every one here is not a systems designer or MBA here, myself included (obviously), does that make us stupid?

John

------------------
'97 F-250 4x4 PSD XL Super cab, off road, Raven Black, 4:10 gears, E40D, K&N air filter, 5" lift (Black Diamond 4" and 1" custom block), 35"x12.5"x16.5" BFG A/T, American Racing wheels, Visor, bug screen

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it was me, I would have ignored this e-mail until I got to the signature. I am assuming that the four asterisks replaced the abbreviation for For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. If so, this person was totally out of line, and deserves everything he's got coming.

------------------
2000 F-350 SD, PSD, SOF 4x4, 6spd, Crew Cab, XLT, DRW, 11,200, 4.10, Bed Liner, Sun Visor, Racerback cab fairing, pyro, boost, oil temp, turbo temp monitor, Banks 3½” exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts