The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
greeting to all, i am an old carpenter just bought a 1992 E-350. driver side front brake caliper seized and smoked, the mechanic quote was $1200 for new front brakes , brake calipers pads, and rotors, didn't have the money so bought the parts and did it myself. now the brake pedal is hard and it goes almost all the way down before it engages. i believe the brake pedal was fine and i only drove it to the mechanic and back to the homestead about 80 miles that's when the caliper seized. booster was working fine and i flushed and bled the 5 bleeding valves in the van. any info will be helpful, ask me about home repair, be happy to help you :laugh2:

· Premium Member
15,556 Posts
Did you replace calipers on both sides? The left and right will bolt up to the wrong side - the only difference being the bleed screw will be towards the bottom of the caliper instead of the top. Since air rises to the top, you'll never get them bled correctly. Check that first - if that's not it, I'm sure Jack will be along shortly to figure this out with you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.