The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving my truck the other day and started at a stop light shifted from 1st to 2nd and when it hit 3rd it's like it hit neutral... Have no gears at all just park when I put it in 4x4 still have nothing.. No fluid leaking anywhere fluid looks good and doesn't smell burnt.. I was in it about 3/4 throttle it's a 96 f250 with a ts and straight pipe it's never slipped or anything anybody know what it could be? I've already got the tranny out but never really messed with an e4od

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Something mechanical broke inside the trans. The only way to know exactly what broke is to tear it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks I've tore down a couple turbo 350s before would you recommend taking it somewhere cause from what I seen there's a lot of parts. I don't live too far maybe 45 min from bts but I was wondering about how much he would charge for a rebuild I don't need a real beefed up one I'd like it done right so I don't have to pull it again lol

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I don't know if you can do it or not. I also don't know what BTS charges. I just know it's finished.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts