The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 F350 with the 7.5L and it had an E4OD in it orignally. I swapped it and put in a 4R100, I swapped the shift solenoid, the tail end for my transfer case, and my shift linkage. Now when I put the truck in drive it wont shift into second, but I can manually put it in second on the column and thats all I have. What could be wrong or what else do I need to do to make the converstion work?

Thank you

·
Registered
353 Posts
you will have to find some one to flash your TCM for the 4R100 programming.

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
you will have to find some one to flash your TCM for the 4R100 programming.
No you won't. The E4OD programming is able to control a 4R100. And the 4R1100 software won't run in the older PCM, anyway.

Did the E4OD have the speedo cable on the transmission? If so, you're not getting a speed signal to the computer so it doesn't know that it should shift.

You should also get the codes read, and not by an auto parts store that reads them for free. You need a high end scan tool that can read transmission codes. The codes may point out just what's wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My speed cable is on my axle and there's no other plug ins on the transmission. So what do I do now? Lol

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
My speed cable is on my axle and there's no other plug ins on the transmission. So what do I do now? Lol
You should re-read this part of my post from above:
You should also get the codes read, and not by an auto parts store that reads them for free. You need a high end scan tool that can read transmission codes. The codes may point out just what's wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts