The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm new to the group. I have a 97 f350 7.3 psd cclb 4x4. Lately it seems like the truck shifts correctly intermittently. when driving it will get to 4th and stay there unless I give it more throttle then it shifts into overdrive and then let off the throttle a little bit it comes out of lock up. Overdrive light don't flash and ocationlly the abs light comes on. Some help would be appreciated, asked a lot of people for help and got nowhere. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,120 Posts
4th gear is overdrive. It's a four speed with a lockup torque converter.

The first step is checking codes. There should be at least ABS codes.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
99% of the scan tools out there can not read Fords codes. If the ABS light is on or flashes there should be a stored code.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
ABS does not communicate via the data link connector. The ABS module is a stand-alone, behind the dash passenger side by the glove box. There's a two-terminal connector over there somewhere. IIRC, you jumper the terminals on that connector and the ABS light blinks a code. One of the other forums has more detailed information, including code interpretations, IIRC. Look up a user named Patrick Feeley on the other forums.

Still may be connected to the tranny issue. The common link is the VSS, which also feeds the speedometer. Does the speedometer work normally?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
This thread has been dead for 6 years. You would be better served to start your own thread with all your specific symptoms and truck attributes (year, model, recent work, mods, etc). Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts