The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any info on the inter-web on this. Other than throwing a CEL, is there any other reason to put in an EBP Pedestal Actuator Isolator Pigtail with a deleted pedestal? Just need to know if I can drive it while I'm waiting for the part. Anyone notice anything weird with it unplugged and no isolator? Thanks for your help.
Jared

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can't find any info on the inter-web on this. Other than throwing a CEL, is there any other reason to put in an EBP Pedestal Actuator Isolator Pigtail with a deleted pedestal? Just need to know if I can drive it while I'm waiting for the part. Anyone notice anything weird with it unplugged and no isolator? Thanks for your help.

Jared

I have driven mine for years with that delete and no isolator. It does not drive any different and I don’t get a CEL light on my 2000 truck it should only set a soft code witch should not set a CEL LIGHT. You should be ok to drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I replaced my EBPV with a Non-EBPV pedestal, I put a 470 Ohm 1 watt resistor in the circuit to fool the computer into thinking the thing was still connected.
Bottom of this page is an example, I got the resistor at the local electronics supply store.
Garrett Turbo Pedestal NON-EBPV 1999.5 - 2003

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I've been driving around all day and everything is perfect! No CEL either. Like you said 2000f250-7.3, I'm not going to worry a bit about the soft code.

Jared

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thank you. I've been driving around all day and everything is perfect! No CEL either. Like you said 2000f250-7.3, I'm not going to worry a bit about the soft code.

Jared

No problem that’s why we are here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts