The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a few novel ways on this forum to delete the EBPV setup, but I have a couple questions.

I have done away with the EBP valve in the turbine housing when I upgraded my turbo. So I plugged the valve on the pedestal with a tap and a pipe thread 1/4 inch plug. I then remounted the pedestal and turbo and disconnected the two wire pug at the base of the housing.

Once up and running with this setup I am getting an SES for the following: P0475-Exhaust Press. Control Valve Malfunction. I assume that the reason is the plug is "unplugged". However I have read here that many of you have done so and I assume your not getting this code.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did what you did, but I also disassembled the pedestal and removed the piston and rod. There is a small hole in the bottom of the cylinder where the piston goes, it is about 1/8", and it comes up at an angle toward the cap for the cylinder. It is the oil supply for the
EBPV piston. I plugged it with a piece I cut off of the shank of a drill bit. I selected a drill bit size that would just tap into the hole. The piece I used was about 5/8" long, and the angle of the hole is such that once the cap is reinstalled, there is no way it can come
out. I left the plug hooked up so the computer will think it's still working, and I have not had any problems with it. Hope this helps,
~John~

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same.. Gutted the EBPV valve cylinder, but I tapped the hole in the front of the housing for a 1/4 pipe thread and plugged it. I also kept the plug in, so far so good. I initially left the piston and valve in place. You would not beleive how much oil floods out of the front of that cylinder when the engine was running. I lost about 2 quarts of oil on the floor. looking at the piston and spring/seal setup... that's the worst design I could imagine for an oil sealing appplication. I bet every one of those leak in service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts