The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must have a pin hole in the diaphragm of my actuator rod because it is spraying the Y pipe with oil and I am a half gallon oil short. I have been noticing a burning oil smell for a few weeks now. guess this explains that. Now... Can I band aid it with rtv until I can get a non ebpv pedestal and exhaust flange in?
Also, how hard is to actually remove the stock exhaust housing for the valve delete? mine looks like once piece because of the corrosion....
Ok so do I need to replace the 12 point bolts too or can I get by without it. I really don't want to skimp here. I also see that nice gtp38r.. It looks nice. But is it really doable with stock sticks?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
You can pull the pedestal and then pull the guts out and tap the hole for a bolt.

Then the ebpv flange can he removed then remove the butterfly valve and find the right size freeze plug to plug the hole.

The bolts can't be reused they tend to stretch.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went ahead and ordered a new pedestal and turbo outlet. Oh well. But I didn't order new bolts. Is there any were local I can get a similar bolt? I am going to need the truck By the time the stuff comes in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the same thing - finished last week...I did reuse the bolts. Ford said they were good for 3-times. This was the first time. Next time I would use new ones for sure, but if you can get them quick - why not. Talk with CNC Fabrication or dieselorings.com

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love what you did with the x pipe. I also went with the billet wheel from riff raff. Excited to see moare pressures.
Oh and not dumping a gallon of expensive oil on the exhaust will be a nice bonus too. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts